It is heartwarming to know that the Quezon City government through QCinema is also thinking about the filmmakers during this trying time of pandemic. Today, they announced “The QCinema Completion Fund for Independent Films.”
Independent feature filmmakers who felt the economic hit by the pandemic can apply for the grant to fund their film – “either in principal photography or post-production when the lockdown was implemented.”
Three lucky grantees shall be announced during QCinema International Film Festival 2020. Deadline of submission is October 23, 2020, 5:00 PM.
1. The project proponent can either be the director or the producer, Filipino citizen, of legal age;
2. The project proponent must complete a QCinema Completion Fund application form;
3. The project proponent must attach a project proposal, with synopsis, director’s statement, cast and crew list, line item budget, and post production timetable;
4. Project proponent must submit a download link to the film’s picture lock final edit in MP4 file format;
5. The film should not have a total budget of more than ₱6M to qualify for the grant;
6. The film should not be produced by any local film festival;
7. The film’s principal photography should have started not earlier than 2019;
8. The final film must be completed by 2021 and shall have its Philippine Premiere on QCinema in 2021;
9. Shortlisted projects will be invited to an online pitch;
10. Deadline of submission is October 23, 2020, 5:00 PM;
Application is online. Fill-up the online application form to submit your film.